So the written transcript is going to be super short this time (the video itself isn’t too long either, so give it a watch!) as I really prefer to spend more time talking to you about what you can do *right* than what you might be getting not-quite-right. Stay tuned for follow up videos showing how to tackle each one of these query missteps.
Now, these are THE biggest mistakes being made by writers submitting their work. And, sadly, any ONE of them is likely to ensure that the manuscript never gets a proper read-through by the agent or publisher. Too many writers with new manuscripts…
- Don’t spend enough time getting their query letter right
- Don’t properly research the agents or publishers they approach
- Don’t thoroughly edit their manuscript
- Don’t use a quality reader prior to submission
- Don’t follow the submission guidelines
That’s it! Can you see how any of these might negatively impact YOUR approach?
If you want more info about how to tackle each of these mistakes, pop over to my YouTube channel and hit Subscribe, or type in your email address in the sidebar to receive my newsletters, so you can stay on top of all things practical and process when it comes to YOUR writing!